Saturday, March 26, 2011

  I was against Face book and other social networks.  A friend of mine suggest I try it so we can stay connected.  So I tried it.  I'm glad I did!!!  In the last 4 months I have been in contact with 100 + families where FX was part of them in one way or another.  Everyone has asked what "My story was".  So that is why I decided to do this blog.  Nate my 5 year old (fx) is my world.  He was my first born, the first one to carry on the name.   In my eyes he is perfect in every way!  I told my husband when Nate was born that I kissed a frog (husband) I got my prince (Nate).  
  As I talk to different families that are effected with FX in one way or another, every ones story is different.  I'm very blessed that I have this extended family.  It's the best "in-laws" anyone can ask for.   We all belong to an awesome group where we can ask any question and get feed back without any judgement.  At one point or another someone has/had gone thru what I'm going thru.  The feedback from other families are great.  I find some funny.  One person asked the other day about jumping on the bed.  I had to laugh.  Nate LOVES to jump on the bed.  If he could he would do it all day long.  As I read the responses, I was amazed how many other children are the same way.  It was comforting to know.  I hope this make sense.
  Nate and I have our good and bad days.  Some days he can be the best little boy around.  There are days where the meltdowns and the mood swings are crazy.  I can tell when he is overwhelmed b/c those are the days he chews on everything he can get his hands on.  Cloth books are the best!!  I bet we have been thru thousand of book b/c of Nate chewing on them.  I try to avoid things/gatherings that are going to overwhelm him. 
  My other two daughters are to little to understand what is going on.  Hannah (3) and Nate are 19 months apart.  They have learned alot from each other.  Some good and some bad.   Alyson is just to little.  She thinks the big brother and sister are the funnest around.   I will leave u on that.  Until the next time I hope everyone has a good day!!!     

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Welcome to the largest extended family of which I have ever been a member! Love it! I started blogging back in December at the suggestion of one of my extended family members.
    http://www.angiegrantman.blogspot.com/

    You should definitely join the Fragile X Webring. You can find the Icon on the right-hand side of my blog. It's really nice to be able to just click "next" and travel from one blog to the next about families challenged with Fragile X. Look forward to reading more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete